Security Solution Architect (Security Monitoring – PCN – Network Design) - ma/4478
Reporting into the project manager this role will support design and implementation of an enterprise network monitoring solution for Process Control Networks. The Security Solution Architect will have responsibility for the solution architecture (both functional and technical). You will also be accountable for all the process related aspects of architecture, which include formal engagement with the project manager, project lead architect, and the project team members, adoption-of and compliance-with the Architecture Common Process (Architecture Quality Plans, Design Reviews, etc.) and the delivery of all the required architecture artefacts.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for the high and low level architecture design and implementation.
• Responsible for the creation of the architecture quality plan which defines the content, scope and objectives of the architecture activities for the project.
• Creates all conceptual, logical, and physical architecture deliverables documented and agreed to in the architecture quality plan.
• Produce and maintain all architecture artifacts including vision, principles, constraints, standards, high and low level design etc.
• Ensure that organizational standards, security solutions/methods and architectures are followed to mitigate security risks.
• Ensure that proposed high level and low level designs adequately mitigate identified information risks.
• Create technical implementation plans needed to install security solutions in process control environments.
• Act as a point of contact for any technical issues within the project.
• Interface with architecture, network, operations and business stakeholders to ensure that proposed designs address organisational needs.
• Build effective partnerships with vendors, peer architects, DS teams and Operational Service lines.
• Work with the technical engineers during the full implementation lifecycle and help validate and install the solution.
• Knowledge and experience with industrial control systems and networks.In depth knowledge of networking devices such as Firewalls, Proxy servers, Routers, Switches, TAPs etc.
• In depth knowledge of networking protocols HTTP, VOIP, TCP/IP, NAT’ing etc.
• Good understanding of network cabling e.g. copper, fiber and their characteristics.
• Hold CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or similar Network/Security certification.
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP, OSI and Purdue Reference Model concepts.
• Hands-on experience with network devices (switches, routers, firewalls, ect.) in a process control environment.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills across IT and process control network disciplines.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.
• Ability to analyse complex technical issues and provide options to overcome challenges.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability and drive to own and deliver a project work package within minimum guidance and support.
Other desirable skills/abilities
• PCN Monitoring ExperienceCISSP, GICSP, etc.TOGAF certification preferredGood working knowledge of ITIL principles.
• Must have minimum of 6 years’ experience working for a global fortune 100 company within network or solutions delivery team.
• Must have a full appreciation and/or worked within a global operation’s team.
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.