Cyber Security Specialist , Wales, 3 Month Contract - TT/1005
The individual will drive beneficial security change into the business through the development or review of architectures so that they:
• Fit business requirements for security
• Mitigate the risks and conform to the relevant security policies
• Balance information risk against cost of countermeasures
• Ensure security is implemented in a consistent way across the programme, and drive the overall design
• Working with agile developers and testers to review code, run and manage security tests and provide security assurance the resultant code is safe from a security perspective
• Working to articulate current risks against the system, the proposed mitigation and support the on-going accreditation process
• Creating, running and managing the security processes and procedures, both technical and not, to maintain the security of the system, personnel, and appropriate environments
• Security architecture for the design of secure digital services
• Security principles for the programme
• Agile development and programme staff security education
• Experience in delivering security within Internet facing, transactional digital services is essential
Key Tasks and Deliverables
• Review and document the security objectives and challenges.
• Support the procurement process through all stages including requirement gathering, scoring and into system design and development.
• Production of security requirements.
• Production of the high level security design of a suitable solution.
• Present the design to Executive Board for approval.
• Guide and assist the implementation of the chosen design.
• Close working with suppliers, contractors and internal teams.
• Attendance at project board meetings and assurance reviews
Key Skills and Experience
• Experience of cyber security design and implementation within a large organisation.
• In depth understanding of the concepts and technologies related to providing secured access to systems.
• Experience of requirements gathering.
• Experience of working at a senior level within a large organisation.
• A detailed understanding on the specific challenges such a project will bring.
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.