Software Architect C# And Microsoft .Net - S7/1015
Why Work for this leading Financial software Solutions company?
Not only is the company one of the market leaders in financial software they are one of the UK’s fastest growing FinTech organisations and are a market leader in salaries and employee benefits!!!
They are strong believers in investing in their employees and want company members to grow and expand their experience and skill set as much as possible and will help you every step of the way!!!
Situated in an extremely beautiful part of Surrey, lunchtimes can be spent in the town centre where there are numerous cafes and restaurants or if you fancy a picnic you can sit on the banks of the Thames and take in the surrounding area.
What are the Key Responsibilities of the Software Architect
• To help shape, create, develop and evolve the architecture that underpins the client’s software products.
• To validate the architecture against the requirements of the software products and the corporate and technical strategies.
• To create models and component and interface specification documents for the architecture and articulate the architectural vision and realisation to enable teams to effectively understand and use the architecture to deliver business value.
• To prepare documents explaining the architecture to sponsors and stakeholders both internally and externally.
• To stay current with changes in the areas of technology and business and apply this knowledge to revise and update the architecture keeping it fit for purpose.
• To help ensure software delivery at the clients adheres to both internal and industry best practice.
• To participate in the accurate estimation, planning and delivery of the architecture and the products built using it.
• Software ArchitectureTechnology
Ensure that the architecture enables the business to efficiently and rapidly deliver against the corporate and technology strategies.
• Be responsible and accountable for the design, development, delivery and support of the architecture software.
• Champion and guard the architecture and challenge propositions that weaken or compromise it.
• Identify and address architectural challenges.
• Agree technical priorities for the architecture.
• Design mechanisms to address cross-cutting system concerns such as reuse, integration and consistency.
• Specify components and interfaces in precise, unambiguous and actionable terms.
• Technology watch
• Participate actively in the technical community.
• Scan for technologies that offer opportunities to differentiate within our strategic goals.
• Assess relative merits of technology changes against business need.
• Incorporate technology trends into our technology strategy to help better address the corporate strategy.
• Minimise disruption and maximise quality of any changes to the architectural software by striving for:
• Zero defect releases.
• Refactoring certainty through total test coverage.
• Stable interfaces supporting backward compatibility.
• Abstraction/decoupling of underlying technology from interfaces.
• Minimal impact of any necessary changes.
• Build trusted advisor status with developers.
• Understand what developers want and need from the architecture.
• Help developers see the value of the architecture and understand how to use it successfully via:
- Usage guidelines.
- Reference examples.
- Presentations – Formal and informal.
- White papers for external consumption.
• Work with principal developers to apply testing standards and apply automated unit testing procedures to all production code.
• Audit unit tests and test statistics to confirm adherence to testing standards.
Knowledge Required By the Software Architect
In depth understanding of the pertinent technologies:
Microsoft .NET framework
C# Microsoft SqlServer
Understand what technical issues are key to success
Excellent understanding of development methods and modelling techniques
Proven track record of applying testing, refactoring and patterns to produce high quality software.
Able to move forward in the face of uncertainty recognising that backtracking may be necessary
Comfortable working at a high level of abstraction yet able to work at a detailed technical level
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.