Desktop Support Analyst – Investment Management – ITIL – Windows 7 - S5/1027
What will the key purpose of the Desktop Support Analyst role be?
The Desktop Support team and the Call Center serve Desktop and mobile computing needs across 9 offices globally. The team’s vision is to be a first-class global provider of support services by delivering an exceptional customer experience which anticipates needs, provides guidance and works to resolve technology issues for staff. Software and hardware support for the firm is provided by IT Services in partnership with other IT groups. Desktop Support manages the installation, relocation and configuration of hardware and software. In addition to being responsible for the on-going maintenance, upgrades and issuing of desktop computing equipment and laptops, the team also supports A/V technologies throughout the enterprise.
The Desktop Support Analyst role is an exciting opportunity for candidates interested in contributing to, and continuing the high standard for service and support. There will be great opportunities to develop an excellent professional skill set and interact with various internal IT and enterprise groups across all levels
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Work to resolve issues and tickets with the highest standard of service and support
• Respond to assigned incidents in a timely manner
• Record, track, and report on all customer incidents and service requests through to completion
• Place service calls to vendors when necessary to resolve technical problems.
• Actively participate in incident management and issue resolution, including log, track, and document issues
• Maintain current expertise and competency of relevant technology products, best practices and methods of support delivery
• Educate customers on technology and appropriate problem resolution minimising repeat requests
• Set up, tests, and manages video conference meeting calls between office locations as well as outside parties.
• Analyse problems to determine cause or source of equipment or software malfunction.
• Provision hardware and software, including cloud-based applications and environments
• Maintain assets inventory (e.g. hardware, peripherals).
• Contribute to the documentation of processes and procedures via the Knowledge Base
• Assist with Projects, Initiatives and Pilot Programs.
What key skills & experience does the Desktop Support Analyst need to have?
• Ability to work independently
• Demonstrated experience of hands-on Service Desk or Desktop Support in a Windows environment
• Ability to exhibit a collaborative and optimistic work ethic focused on customer satisfaction as the highest priority
• Ability to execute tasks and build relationships
• Excellent problem and decision making skills
• Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
• Experience with LAN/WAN, Ethernet, PC Hardware, iOS and Blackberry Support, Active Directory, Microsoft Systems and Citrix/Terminal Services environments; advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, ServiceNow preferred.
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work evenings/weekends if necessary
• ITIL Foundation Level preferred
• MCSA and/or A+ completed or in progress strongly preferred
• Windows 7 Certification preferred
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.