SQL developer – T-SQL – SQL - SQL 2008 R2 -Development – Design – OLTP systems
• Develop and deliver solutions based on specifications agreed
• Driving continuous improvements to the team with particular emphasis on improving code quality, design and testing
• Accountable for the delivery of departmental and company commitments
• Work with offshore development teams in a ‘Team Extension’ model
• Work with business operations and other relevant stake holders to understand the requirements and demonstrate work products
• Specialist in MS SQL design and development
• Strong experience in high volume, high concurrency OLTP systems
• Strong experience in locking and blocking patterns, indexing strategies
• Strong experience in impact of database use on system tables and resources
• Strong experience in transaction management patterns
• Experience of developing above solutions in SQL 2008 R2
• Understanding of N-tier development principles
• Understanding and experience of engineering practices such as unit testing (using JUnit), continuous integration (Jenkins), automated testing, appropriate documentation, etc.
• Ensure delivery by self and others of quality software requiring little or no rework in order to satisfy user needs
• Review of other team members designs
• Contribute to the mentoring of junior staff as required
• TFS / GIT source control
• Experience of implementing BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) in recent projects
• Review of other team members work
• Experience of developing software in a regulated business environment
• Experience of financial services industry
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.