Desktop Support Engineer
This position is responsible for the support of the group users, computers and related systems.
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties to be performed. Job descriptions do not limit the tasks that an employee may reasonably be requested to perform. Changes in job descriptions may be necessary as the needs of the Organisation change over time
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, e-mails and service desk tickets regarding issues that arise, prioritising and resolving them within agreed timescales and escalating to other members of Infrastructure, as appropriate.
– Perform daily routine maintenance checks on key systems.
– Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
– Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user hardware, software, and peripheral devices, including telecoms.
– Account Management - create, issue and manage/maintain corporate accounts for joiners/leavers, following a fully auditable procedure.
– Liaise with and provide education to staff on computer operation, new user training, Infrastructure
Policies & Application use within the business and other relevant issues.
– Help and support the IT team in deploying and rolling out internal software applications.
– Maintain stock levels for consumables and hardware.
– Ensure that client-side Endpoint protection and systems updates are active and applied to all workstations at all times.
– Maintain an inventory of all IT Assets as directed by the Helpdesk Team Lead and Infrastructure
– Monitor and test PC performance and provide statistics and reports to the Helpdesk Team Lead and
Infrastructure Manager, as required.
– Ensure that the company complies with regulatory standards and best practices. Also help oversee IT related verifications, audits and due diligence.
– Evaluate, develop and implement policies and procedures related to computer systems operation and development.
- Manage and update Windows OS images and document up-to-date build information
ESSENTIAL SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE
– Demonstrable in-depth technical knowledge of modern client operating systems (Windows 10), and best practice IT standards.
– Excellent understanding of networking principles, including TCP/IP coupled with an understanding of
Active Directory, machine builds via imaging.
– Ability to troubleshoot user problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
– Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills- both written and oral.
– Customer focussed and can present ideas and concepts in user-friendly language.
– Experience in a technical desktop or 2nd Line support role, troubleshooting and diagnosing faults in hardware such as desktop PCs, laptops, printers, telephones and mobile devices.
– Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
– Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.