IT Infrastructure Engineer
This position is responsible for the administration, provision, security and availability of the group infrastructure and systems. This role also provides infrastructure support to other teams within the business
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties to be performed. Job descriptions do not limit the tasks that an employee may reasonably be requested to perform. Changes in job descriptions may be necessary as the needs of the Organisation change over time.
– Work with service desk team to resolve escalated tickets, prioritising as necessary, resolving them within agreed timescales.
– Monitor & test server/network performance and provide statistics or reports to the infrastructure manager.
– Cover desktop support during absences or illness.
– Help and support the desktop support team in deploying and rolling out internal software applications.
– Perform daily routine monitoring and patching on key systems.
– Manage and audit an inventory of all IT Assets as directed by the Infrastructure Manager.
– Maintain the company servers, active directory, Office 365, LAN and WAN connectivity.
– Monitoring and support of telecoms and conferencing collaboration systems.
– Work with the information security team to ensure that the company complies with regulatory standards and best practices. Also help oversee IT related verifications, audits and due diligence.
– Evaluate, develop and implement policies and procedures related to computer systems operation and development.
– Aid in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
– Ensure all critical systems and data is backed up; kept in a secure state and recoverability tests are periodically performed.
– Deliver IS projects to completion and suggest improvements to systems.
– Travel to other sites occasionally to coordinate efforts and configure or install systems.
– Provide Adhoc out of hours resource for network/system changes and patching of servers
ESSENTIAL SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE
– High level of experience of managing Microsoft Windows (2012 – 2016), active directory and group policy.
– Good knowledge of TCP/IP Networking (inc WAN, LAN, DNS, VLANs, routing, switching and firewalls).
– An excellent working knowledge of VMWare virtualisation technologies along with management of shared storage technologies (SAN/NAS).
– Administration of Office 365 email or Exchange 2013/2016 system.
– A strong understanding of scripting using Powershell.
– Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills- both written and oral.
– Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required.
– –Experience in writing technical documentation and reports
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.