Desktop / Client Solutions Engineer
The Client Solutions Architect is a key role in the Infrastructure Services for the design, build, delivery and optimisation of end-user solutions and components for the end-user device estate. This role will be focused on Windows 10 from OS deployment to configuration, management and enforcement of policies through appropriate toolsets. This is both a design and implementation role.
– Providing OS platform services through design and testing through to delivery with ongoing management and support.
– Providing automated solutions for deployment of standard client OS to the support teams.
– Working with support teams to continually improve client platform and processes for delivery.
– Ensure documentation within the infrastructure team is stored and updated.
– Evaluation, selection, and implementation of approved technologies that align with technical architecture, business plans and long term strategy.
– Exploration of innovative tools and strategies and how they can deliver IT solutions that align with technical architecture, business plans and long term strategy.
– Tracking lifecycle management and quality assurance services related to client platforms and delivery architecture.
– Work with the information security team to ensure that the company complies with regulatory standards and best practices. Compile reports for compliance and security audits.
– Manage and update Windows OS images and document up-to-date build information.
– Deliver IS projects to completion and suggest improvements to systems.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE
– A Windows 10 deployment expert, ideally with 5+ years experience as a desktop engineer and/or architect: configuring, migrating and troubleshooting.
– Must have knowledge of designing solutions including testing and implementation especially with Zero or Lite touch deployments
– Must have worked in an end user support role utilising the following technologies: MDT, PowerShell, Windows 10 and GPOs, Active Directory and Office 365.
– Working knowledge of Windows 10 semi-annual servicing and updates, enterprise features including security, BitLocker, Conditional Access, etc.
– Experience with Windows 10 analytics – Desktop Analytics, Upgrade Readiness, Telemetry, etc.
– Knowledgeable about current enterprise best practices, software and technologies (such as Sophos
– Possess advanced troubleshooting skills with the ability to research, identify risks, co-ordinate resources, develop and propose solutions to address issues at any level.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills - both written and oral.
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
– Comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team
– Experience in writing technical documentation and reports
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.