Project Manager, London Based, Permanent - MV/1066
Our Client is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
Part of Role purpose
To be accountable and responsible for planning and managing the delivery of projects. To ensure projects are delivered to agreed schedule cost, scope and quality standards.
• Ensure all projects meet their scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives within agreed tolerances.
• Ensure customer satisfaction levels are met and maintained as required.
• Responsible for delivering projects in line with project plans.
• Ensure utilisation is within company guidelines.
• Manage the lead time on request for resources (e.g. people and hardware) and that reporting of staff released from projects is in line with departmental guidelines.
• Produce accurate and timely weekly and monthly financial project reports . (e.g. to include amongst other KPI’s on earned value and profitability).
Some of the Accountabilities & Deliverables
The Project Manager will be accountable for the end to end delivery of the clients development or implementation projects. The core deliverables to doing this will include:-
• Implementing the project in line with the clients Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Planning the project; -
• Identify and manage project stakeholders.
• Coordinate the establishment of the project goals and requirements.
• Manage the impact analysis (including, where necessary, customer contractual issues).
• Work collaboratively with other subject matter experts to plan the associated activities and deliverables to produce workable project and resource plans.
• Establish the commercial aspects of the project to determine accurate budget and financial plans.
• Define the Reporting and Communication plans.
• Agree the Quality Plan, Testing Plan, Cut-over Plan and associated targets.
Core Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
• excellent knowledge of quality assurance processes in all phases of a project.
• Good appreciation of technical environments.
• Experience in ‘waterfall’ & agile delivery methodologies.
• Experience of managing teams in excess of 20, ideally but not necessarily including line management responsibility.
• Experience of managing projects in excess of £200k (or 500 days) in value
• Ideally, experience of delivering Financial Point of Sale (POS) Retail Solutions (Mortgage or Wealth Management preferred) or other Finance Solutions within the Financial Services or Retail Banking Industry.·
• Evidence of project management experience in software implementation / delivery projects preferably in a client facing environment. Must evidence management of at least two projects throughout the complete project lifecycle.
• Project Management accreditation (e.g. PMP, PRINCE 2 Practitioner, APM) preferred.·
• Flexibility with the ability to travel as necessary.
Candidates Must have Wealth Management experience as well as Software Implementation experience. This is a MUST have so please do not apply if you don’t have this.
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.