Operational Storage Engineer , Permanent, Horsham - MV/1064
Why join this global Investment manager?
Our client is a global investment manager. Who help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
The client has around 4,000 people on six continents. And they have been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes.
The role is part of a brand new global Governance team, so our client are looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It’s a chance to shape how they work rather than slot into an established structure. Our client support their international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining their systems and processes, using cutting-edge software and hardware. Their new Broadlands Business Campus means there’s a great working environment for the team.
We know that helping you balance personal and professional commitments is a big part of that, so we're open to flexible working. You can do this job from 3 to 5 days per week.
What you'll do
• Work as part of a Global multi-locational cross-matrix team in a dynamic and high pressured environment
• Responsible for a defined Product (or Products) within the scope of the Global Serviceline.
• Responsible for the Products Global Policies and Standards
• Responsible for the Products Global roadmap, and future related Products.
• Work with all Role Levels to ensure the delivery of suitable Product training within the Global Serviceline
• Responsible for vendor relationship management for the related Product(s)
• Form a professional working relationship with Global colleagues to ensure the Product is delivered as expected
• Form a professional working relationship with all levels of the Global Serviceline, including Service Desk, Operations and Engineering teams.
• Responsible for ensuring the service provided by the Global Product meets or exceeds Business requirements.
• Availability Management - Responsible for ensuring the Global Product(s) meets or exceeds the availability requirements of the Business.
• Capacity Management - Responsible for working with Service Management to ensure the Global Product(s) meets or exceeds the capacity requirements of the Business
• Responsible for risk management for the related Global Product(s)
• Provide cost effective and operationally efficient design services related to the Product(s) using automation where possible
• Awareness of the budget relating to the Product(s) , including implementing cost savings where available
• Proactively seek continual service improvements opportunities
• Responsible for the design of the defined Product(s) in the Global Serviceline
• Responsible for providing Product engagement for any related solutions at the Design stage to ensure policies and standards are adhered to
• Responsible for ensuring Serviceline Products complete sufficient Global Service Transition through to live
• Ensure that suitable and sufficient training of the Product(s) is provided to all levels of the serviceline as well as other teams where necessary
• Act as a point of escalation for the Product(s), providing guidance, support and expertise when required as part of normal activities, projects and incidents
• Provide the highest level of internal customer relationship management at all times
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Minimum 3 years experience as an Engineer or Senior Operations role
• Minimum 10 years experience in the IT industry
• Solution design experience
• Architectural governance experience
• Vendor relationship management experience
• Experience of leading and working as part of a technical global team
• Experience in evidentially based testing through all stages of the testing lifecycle
• An understanding of the importance of metrics and statistics when measuring performance and capacity
• Performance troubleshooting experience through the stack from Storage > SAN > Host > VM > Database
• In-depth technical knowledge of the following:
• Pure storage (//m and //x series)
In-depth technical knowledge of the following…
• Pure storage (//m and //x series)
• Filer Storage (Isilon)
• Filer Storage (NetApp)
• Storage Area Network (SAN) Technologies – Cisco MDS and Brocade
• UCS B class and C class servers
• VMWare (ESXi 6+)
• Asynchronous / Synchronous replication
• Automation tools
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of working in the financial sector
• Experience, knowledge or a qualification in the ITIL Framework
• Experience of ServiceNow
• Experience of Splunk
• Knowledge of backup solutions
• Knowledge of Hitachi Data Systems (VSP)
• Knowledge of HP 3PAR
• Knowledge of XIO
• Knowledge of Filer Storage (Windows VM Filers)
• Working in an Agile environment
• A degree-level qualification in a computing or technical discipline
• An understanding of Infrastructure as Code
• An understanding of hyper converged technologies
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.