Network Operations Engineer, Permanent, Horsham - MV/1063
Why join this global Investment manager?
Our client is a global investment manager. Who help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
The client has around 4,000 people on six continents. And they have been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes.
Our client is looking for an experienced Network Operations Engineer who can work on the support and continued development of the network estate.
You'll bring knowledge, drive, enthusiasm and a passion for technology. Your goal is to maintain and build at the highest possible levels to drive customer satisfaction and enable a technology focused working environment for users.
This role has a primary focus on campus and data centre networks, wide area networks as well as Internet hosting, market data and B2B environments as well as next generation firewalls, load-balancers and cloud platforms.
The ideal candidate will bring a genuine interest in operations for networking and security infrastructure and work in a fast paced environment.
What you’ll do
• Work as part of a Global multi-locational cross-matrix team in a dynamic environment
• Be a key part of our team to drive forward and maintain our technical estate
• A predominantly operational role, but with change and project work as required
• Working closely with other teams such including Service Desk, Platforms, Information Security and User Services
• Proactively own incidents, problems or issues adhering to SLA's and OLA's where relevant
• Act as a technical resource for change requests and project works
• Act as a technical resource for maintenance, firmware upgrades, and recurring patch cycles
• Utilise documented Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation provided
• Work using Servicenow to update incidents and requests
• Have awareness of the technology roadmap for existing and new technologies
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Candidates should have as a minimum a CCNA qualification, but ideally holding or working actively towards CCNP
• Working knowledge of the following;-
• Branch & Data Centre Switching & Routing
• Wireless technologies, setup, troubleshooting and security
• Enterprise Firewalls especially CheckPoint and Palo Alto
• Internet routing and security
• Understanding of cloud technologies is a big plus
• Common interior and exterior routing protocols
• Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN technologies
• Proxy technologies, Bluecoat or McAfee
• Load Balancers
• IP Address management and network services such as DNS, DHCP and NTP
• Network management, monitoring & Diagnostic Tools
• Network probes and packet capture analysis
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of working in the financial sector
• Experience of working within the ITIL Framework
• Experience of ServiceNow
• Knowledge of voice, video and audio visual solutions
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.