Service Desk Shift Leader
Why join this global Investment manager?
Our client is a global investment manager. Who help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
The client has around 4,000 people on six continents. And they have been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes.
Our Client is looking for an IT Service Desk Shift Lead who thrives on helping others give the best possible technical service.
Our Client has got a new site, new teams, and new ways of working. So we want someone who can build, lead, support and coach their team. You'll challenge your team members to fix our internal customers' problems quickly. And you'll help them work together with other teams to deliver great service all the time.
You'll be on the frontline – busy, hands-on, and can-do. Making sure your team have everything they need to do their best. And always looking for ways to improve our service.
What you'll do
• Lead and coach your team members to be superb first points of contact for our internal customers
• Make sure we're consistent around the world, by working with your peers to hand over, follow through and fix internal customers' problems and to improve common processes and controls
• Produce governance packs to report management information on progress and risk, and present your proposals for improving customer satisfaction, effectiveness and efficiency
• Nurture great problem-solving, by coaching your team members to listen to customers’ questions, understand what's gone wrong, work out the right approach for them and fix their problems
• Encourage team members to capture and share the right information about customers' issues in ServiceNow
• Help your team members to work with 2nd and 3rd service line experts on complex or high-risk problems
• Own the team's issues, by sharing skills and insights, encouraging them to work with other shifts and teams, following up on unresolved incidents and communicating progress
• Manage the team's resources and workload to prioritise and sort out customers’ problems according to our service level agreement and shift patterns
• Keep improving the team's service, by gathering and reporting suggestions for raising first time fix rates, improving customer satisfaction and reducing risk
• Keep up to date with changing security requirements
• Uphold our standards, processes and policies
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Strong service desk experience
• Experience of understanding customers, managing incidents and meeting business expectations
• Management and coaching experience
• Experience of processes to keep improving service
• Experience of maintaining a great service across different time zones
• Good with Microsoft-based operating systems, especially Windows 10
• Experience of the Microsoft 365 suite
• Experience of security tooling and of protecting networks that link to client devices
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Knowledge, experience or a qualification in the ITIL Framework
• Certification as a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or equivalent
• A degree-level qualification in a computing or technical discipline
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.