Problem Management Analyst, Permanent, Horsham - MV/1060
Why join this global Investment manager?
Our client is a global investment manager. Who help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
The client has around 4,000 people on six continents. And they have been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes.
Our Client is looking for an IT Problem Management Specialist who thrives on helping others and delivering the best possible Global Technology service.
Our client got a new site, new teams, and new ways of working. So they are looking for someone who can build, lead, support and coach their team. You'll challenge your team members to fix their internal customers' problems quickly. And you'll help them work together with other teams to deliver great service all the time.
You'll be on the frontline – busy, hands-on, and can-do. Making sure your team have everything they need to do their best. And always looking for ways to improve our service.
What you'll do
• The Service Manager's role is to ensure IT service excellence is delivered to our business. The Service Manager would be expected to be an advocate and involved in all aspects of the ITIL discipline.
• The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate strong process adherence, a commitment to process optimisation and show an ability to deal with ambiguity in high pressure situations.
• In the event of an outage, the Service Manager would coordinate the restoration of critical services as quickly as possible with minimal business disruption while maintaining open channels of communication.
• Produce governance packs to report management information on progress and risk, and present your proposals for improving customer satisfaction, effectiveness and efficiency.
• Nurture great problem-solving, by collaborating across multiple teams, to carry out Root Cause Analysis (RCA) under Problem Management, creating RCA reports to understand what's gone wrong, work out the right approach, track and manage Problem Tasks to completion.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Strong experience in service management, preferably within the financial services industry
• Experience of understanding customers, managing incidents and meeting business expectations
• Prior experience in major incident management, coordinating the restoration of service and communicating clearly and succinctly to a broad group of business and technology stakeholders.
• Practical experience in Problem Management, with the ability to balance a busy workload, managing Problem backlogs, Reporting, and liaising across multiple teams.
• Ability to develop positive working relationships and strong rapport with technology teams as well as senior leadership (both business and technical users), and ability to influence decision making.
• Flexible and able to adjust priorities quickly.
• High-level of personal initiative; able to work independently as well as collaborate in teams. Excellent planning, organisational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
• Proven ability to manage customer perception through addressing issues and implementing solutions.
• Previous experience of ServiceNow desired.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Knowledge, experience or a qualification in the ITIL Framework
• A degree-level qualification in a computing or technical discipline
What you'll be like
• A motivating, challenging and supportive leader and coach
• A great problem solver with the knack of coaching others to do the same
• A really good communicator – great at listening, persuading, influencing and negotiating
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Good at working in a team, and with other teams
• A real attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Flexible and willing to learn – how we work in this new hub will evolve, so you’ll need to adapt
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.