Availability & Capacity Manager, Permanent, Horsham - MV/1052
Why join this global Investment manager?
Our client is a global investment manager. Who help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
The client has around 4,000 people on six continents. And they have been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes.
Our client is looking for an Availability and Capacity Manager who thrives on ensuring technology services are monitored, reported, and available across the estate.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can build, lead, and take responsibility of a new area. You will challenge the Technical service owners to manage the capacity and availability of the services in their Capability areas, to ensure availability of critical and everyday resources at a justifiable cost. You will help them to report on this information, determine corrective actions, and deliver great service all the time. As part of the new Governance team, you'll provide complete visibility and oversight of availability and capacity management across Infrastructure and Production Services.
You'll be on the frontline – busy, hands-on, and can-do. Making sure the Capability teams have everything they need to do their best. And always looking for ways to improve our service.
What you’ll do
• Establish an Availability and Capacity Management oversight service within Infrastructure and Production Services globally
• Work with and support the technical teams to ensure consistency, visibility and accuracy of availability and capacity data and reporting for all technical services
• Make sure we're consistent around the world, by working with the teams to follow through and fix availability and capacity issues and to improve common processes and controls to ensure availability of critical and everyday resources at a justifiable cost
• Produce governance packs to report management information on progress and risk relating to availability and capacity management, and present your proposals for improving compliance, effectiveness and efficiency across the estate
• Nurture good team collaboration by working with team members to achieving sustained availability to meet service requirements, streamline and simplify reporting requirements, make tangible savings and reduce risk
• Keep improving the Governance team's service, by gathering and reporting suggestions for improving customer satisfaction and reducing risk
• Keep up to date with changing availability and resilience requirements
• Uphold our standards, processes and policies
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience in an availability and capacity monitoring and oversight role or similar
• Familiarity of a technology estate, including software, hardware and cloud services
• Experience of understanding customers, managing data, producing reports, and meeting business expectations
• Experience of processes to keep improving service
• Experience of maintaining a great service across different time zones
• Good with Microsoft-based operating systems, especially Windows 10
• Experience of the Microsoft Office365 suite
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Knowledge or experience of monitoring and availability tools, e.g. LogicMonitor
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.