Desktop Engineer Specialist
Why join this global Investment manager?
Our client is a global investment manager. Who help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
The client has around 4,000 people on six continents. And they have been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes.
Our client is looking for an Desktop Engineer who will play a key part in ensuring the engineering function continues to deliver a highly performant desktop estate.
The Desktop Engineer will be required to provide 3rd line troubleshooting. They will be required to work closely with both the Global Desktop Engineering Team and Global Desktop architect to ensure successful delivery of the engineering function.
What you’ll do
• Provide 3rd level investigation and resolution of desktop incidents, problems and support
• Provide support, advice and input on in-flight desktop transformation initiatives
• Monitor availability and performance of desktop systems and rectify issues as required
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex desktop related issues escalated from first and second level support
• Identify key improvements to existing desktop delivery processes
• Assess, document and implement desktop platform changes as required in conjunction with risk and security teams
• Document processes for internal policies and procedures related to desktop platforms
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Excellent proficiency in Windows 10 desktop engineering
• Excellent proficiency in AppSense Environment Manager including Personalisation
• Working experience in a VDI environment
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Knowledge of Citrix brokered virtual desktop solutions
• Knowledge of App-V delivered applications
• Knowledge of Powershell implementation
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.