Communications Architecture and Design (Digital Telecommunications & Network Infrastructure) - MA/4489
You will link the business mission, strategy, and processes of the organization with suitable Digital Field Communication systems, considering all aspects of technical design such as performance, scalability and flexibility. They are accountable to transmit Digital Field Communication requirements to the EPC/TSI and other 3rd parties and then lead the Technical and Quality assurance of the engineering and delivery. They will also evolve operational support models for the proposed Digital Field Communication systems and ensure all systems are fit for warranty and transition to Operate.
Essential experience required
Proven ability to drive enterprise architecture best practices broadly and deeply, while able to articulate and convincingly influence decision‐makers on operation support requirements
• Strong exposure in the delivery of highly scalable, economically feasible and highperforming
systems and networks, within a functional deliver matrix of Engineering Procurement Contractor, Telecommunications Systems Integrator, Operational Critical Telecommunications group, Instruments and Controls, Enterprise IT&S and Major Project environment
• exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes,
management and budgeting
• Over 10 years’ experience in a Telecommunications Engineer, Architect or Technical
Assurance role ideally within the Oil and Gas industry, and preferably within the Upstream
• Expert knowledge of Network Infrastructure Architecture and Operational Critical Systems such as Fibre and Microwave Transmission layers
• Deep understanding and knowledge of project management, application management, risk management and quality management methodologies, standards
and associated processes
• Certification and hand‐on experience in some of the following; Cisco CPT, WAN and
LAN routing protocols (EIGRP, IGRP, BGP, HSRP); Ethernet switch technologies (spanning tree (STP/RSTP); Wireless network technologies: 802.11/ABGN, Cisco WCS and access points; Network authentication protocols and Network monitoring protocols. Design and implementation MPLS and QoS
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.