IT Security Analyst (Splunk)
This role requires an experienced IT security person with the ability to perform a number of security activities such as threat/vulnerability assessment incident response activities, and the ability to communicate and promote security requirements (HO and local) to a range of stakeholders. This role is to help develop IT security process/procedures to achieve improved efficiency/effectiveness. The role also requires active involvement in new system project security reviews to ensure security requirements are designed in and delivered as part of Project Systems Development Life Cycle.
We are looking for an experienced IT Security analyst to perform below activities:
• Enhancement of cybersecurity monitoring (External & Internal) using SPLUNK and handling alerts - Malware Alerts; Threat Alerts; Denial of service; Insider threat monitoring alerts
• Enhancement of Network behaviour & Anomaly Detection using SPLUNK
• Proactive identification of control gaps that may be exploited as part of zero day attack
• Unauthorised access monitoring and change on security devices using SPLUNK
• Enhancing playbook for cybersecurity incident handling and conducting tabletop exercise with EMEA teams
Functional / Technical Competencies:
• Experience and strong knowledge of performing Security Reviews, Vulnerability scanning, Qualys Policy Compliance scanning, and ideally Splunk usage for detection/investigation of misuse or incidents.
• Strong experience of security operations activities such as vulnerability management, security monitoring, alert/incident response, and security reviews of projects design/deliverables to ensure security requirements are met.
• Strong knowledge and working experience of cyber security framework – FFIEC, COBIT, NIST etc
• Strong knowledge and working experience of cybersecurity review process
Education / Qualifications:
Ideally CISSP (or equivalent) qualified.
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.