Active Directory Specialist (AD / Windows Server 8, VMWare ESX) - MA/4473
Purpose of role:
An exciting opportunity is available to join this group for a Microsoft Active Directory Specialist. Focused on all aspects of this technology, the Active Directory Services team handle day to day management of the platform; the technical documentation; maintenance of platform standards through to the planning of technical direction & strategy.
Joining a highly productive team, the successful candidate will be expected to familiarise themselves with the processes and procedures of the bank quickly to be able to support and oversee the day to day platform management and the coaching / mentoring on best practice of operating the identity process. Candidates will be expected to articulate complex technical instruction in plain English to earn the support of senior management stakeholders and those technically less experienced. The role requires an excellent team player; a self-starter with a motivation and desire to seek out & deliver improvements and a drive to document and promote future platform opportunities for approval and funding.
Candidates applying for this role must be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory technologies through either a Microsoft Systems Engineer qualification or at least 5 years experience working in this speciality.
Experience you will have:
Functional / Technical competencies (Essential):
4. Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server (Version 2008 and above)
5. VMWare ESX (version 5.5 and above).
6. Quest AD management tools (e.g. Quest Change Auditor; Quest Recovery Manager)
Functional / Technical competencies (Preferred):
Experience working with or supporting the following technologies would be an advantage:
3. SAN Storage (EMC and Hitachi)
4. Varonis DatAdvantage or other file auditing tools.
Work experience (Essential):
4. 5+ year’s experience supporting an Active Directory within large corporate environment.
5. Experience managing a Windows Server platform, especially at Windows Server 2008 R2 and above.
6. Experience managing Active Directory infrastructure: Roles, DNS, DHCP, Sites & Trusts, SPN, ADFS, ADCS, Kerberos and other authentication protocols.
Work experience (Preferred):
2. Experience highlighting and managing Active Directory in “Cloud” based scenarios.
2. Certified Systems Engineer standard demonstrable skills associated with Microsoft software (e.g. MCSE or equivalent)
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.