Scrum Master (Specialises in Scrum Mastering distributed / virtual agile teams) - MA/4420
Experienced Scrum Master who has previously specialised in Scrum Master distributed / virtual agile teams required to work across large programme working with vendor and 3rd party teams. Will work closely with the product owner in dealing with a diverse and globally spread customer base.
We are seeking an expert Scrum Master that specialises in Scrum Mastering distributed / virtual agile teams. Someone who can bring new ideas and innovation to increase the levels of self-organisation and effectiveness of distributed agile teams.
As Scrum Master you will have the following accountabilities:
• Ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted by ensuring that the Scrum Team adheres to Scrum theory, practices, and rules.
• Helping those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren’t.
• Supporting the Product Owner in finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management; how to effectivity collaborate with the Delivery Team; and to ensure the Product Owner knows how to manage the Product Backlog to maximize value.
• Facilitating Scrum events.
• Coaching the Scrum Team in self-organization and cross-functionality.
• Facilitating the removal of impediments to the Development Team’s progress.
• Identifying and putting a spotlight on organisational barriers to agility.
You will need to have significant proven agile experience and an expert understanding of Scrum, combined with significant recent experience performing a Scrum Master role and successfully delivering software projects.
You will have a passion for agile and a talent for inspiring change and improvement. Our scrum masters must have a commitment for excellence. As Scrum Masters you must:
• Champion agile values
• Lead by example with the right developmental behaviours
• Be empathetic yet evangelistic
• Drive for continual improvement
• Ignite change that increases the impact of the Scrum Team.
• Champion the improvement of engineering practices and tools
• Steamroll through impediments – freeing up delivery teams to spend all of the time to do what we hired them to do!
We require a Scrum Master that:
• Has been successful in the role of Scrum Master while being remote from the virtual team(s)
• Has Scrum mastered at least 3 Scrum teams, ideally in different companies
• Has Scrum mastered teams in organisations new to Scrum / agile
• Has Scrum mastered distributed teams and helped create interactive virtual workspaces
• Has Scrum mastered teams who have become proficient at technical engineering practices
• Have coached Product Owners to help form backlogs that enable the delivery of small increments of business value
• Has Scrum mastered in large programs of work with many teams and many stakeholders feeding their requirements
Has tracked and reported team level and program level metrics
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.