Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows Server 2008+ & VMware 5.5)
Overview of the Department/Section:
The Infrastructure group within the organisation manage the day to day running; maintenance and governance of the technologies which underpin the business systems. An exciting opportunity is available to join this group for a Windows Server Patching and Deployment Engineer who will help guide, manage and lead the vulnerability and security patching of the Windows Server platform. The successful candidate will help shape the current process; build and develop reports for senior management; identify efficiencies within the process and work with the team to automate and reduce the cost of the process on the bank.
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical competencies (Essential):
• Microsoft Windows Server (version 2008 and above) and VMWare ESX (version 5.5 and above).
• Ivanti LANDesk (version 2016 and above).
• Identifies areas where improved management information can protect the delivery of service and works with others to define processes to routinely collect information and records. Reports and escalates unforeseen or exceptional events.
• Creates instructions or follows agreed plans to deliver change. Documents actions required for all tasks whether simple or complex; confirms correct functionality of installations; coaching others where required and advises supervisor and, if appropriate, users of progress.
• Uses data collected to build dashboards and reports for the customer to highlight information clearly.
Functional / Technical competencies (Preferred):
Experience working with or supporting the following technologies would be an advantage:
• PowerShell (version 3+)
Work Experience (Essential):
• Experienced supporting application and infrastructure servers in a large scale corporate environment including experience of supporting at least one current Microsoft Server operating system environment.
• Planning own work and the work of others (including third parties) to ensure delivery to time and cost.
• Experienced in working in a high pressure environment to deliver a first class BAU Service.
• Experience managing the Microsoft Windows Server OS 2008 R2+, particularly in a virtual environment (preferably on a VMware platform)
Work Experience (Preferred):
• 3+ year’s experience of supporting Ivanti LANDesk infrastructure in a large scale enterprise
• Degree level qualification or equivalent level / recent technology focussed qualification.
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.