Systems Analyst / Technical Delivery Manager (SEPA, FASTER PAYMENTS, BACS)
Overview of the Department/Section:
This is for a role with the Transaction Banking Application Team who are responsible for supporting and maintaining the Transaction Banking systems used by 9 European branches. Payments for the following Schemes are supported: BACS, Faster Payments, SEPA SCT and SDD, plus Target2, CHAPS and other High Value SWIFT transactions.
Main Purpose of the Role:
Working on Transaction Banking related projects. These cover the enhancement, development and replacement of applications supporting such areas as SEPA (Single Euro Payment Area) Credit Transfer and Direct Debit, TARGET2, SWIFT and Local CMS (Cash Management System).
• Create Function Design documents which will enable users to confirm the functionality and also enable the developers to understand what functionality is required.
• Contribute to the planning, execution and verification of Integration Testing (ITb) and Systems Testing (ST), support users to plan and execute their User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Elaborate on requirements analysis and design, producing an External Design which enables users to confirm the functionality, architects to review and developers to further design and develop.
• Provide support to the Delivery Manager and Project Manager to ensure that the team contributes positively to maintaining the defined standards and specifications for systems development within European Systems Office.
• Provide 3rd line production incident support for Transaction Banking Platform
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
• Strong system analysis skills for both functional and non-functional requirements. Strong design skills.
• Ability to report to management level based on evaluations of status by concrete measures.
• Good understanding of SEPA scheme and message formats.
• Technical knowledge on Linux + Oracle environments and Windows + Biztalk with .Net application development plus Websphere (Application Services and MQ).
• Experience of V-model testing.
• Strong experience of waterfall system project management
• Previous work for Financial institutions for banking and payment systems related projects.
• Experience in delivering a business critical package software integration project.
• Experience in the usage, design and development of payment systems with schemes mentioned below:
o ACH Clearing and Settlement schemes such as SEPA, BACS and Faster Payments.
o AML and sanctions screening
o Domestic (Faster Payments, BACS, CHAPS) (Scheme level, Engine execution)
o Cross-border (SEPA CT/DD)
• Good understanding of payments transaction life cycle; Messaging flow through capture, routing,
• Formatting/translation, transmission and auditing
• Experience in the usage, design and development of payment systems with SWIFT, SAG is preferred
Education / Qualifications:
• Essential: A Level or equivalent (Higher, SYS, Leaving Certificate, International Baccalaureate)
• Preferred: Degree (Bachelor or Masters)
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.