IT Business Analyst – Infrastructure, BCP / DR, Windows, Citrix) Banking
Main Purpose of the Role:
A Business Analyst, internal consultant acting as a bridge between the Business and Technology delivering change. A Business Analyst is project focused and supports the end to end delivery of projects.
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
• Works with colleagues and clients/users to investigate and document business functions, processes, and information flows using various methodical and consistent techniques.
• Assists in the analysis of the underlying issues arising from investigations into requirements and problems, and identifies available options for consideration.
• Works with colleagues and clients/users in specifying information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that will meet the business requirements.
• Produces work with appropriate documentation, meeting the required standards and uses suitable methods and tools.
• Arranges, prepares and facilitates client/users meetings and presents issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
• Assists clients/users in producing clearly defined acceptance tests
• Assists in defining and justifying (in business terms) initiatives to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed business processes
• Experience of using Excel to manipulate date sets (essential)
• Tracing requirements end to end (essential)
• Experience of working on Infrastructure and VDI projects - Windows Operating System upgrades/ end of life and application virtualisation projects (Desirable)
• Proven experience of working in a Technology unit of a Financial Services organisation
• Management of Scoping and Business priority-setting for change initiatives of small, medium and large projects in varying complexity.
• Analyse requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
• Obtaining formal agreement from stakeholders to scope requirements and establish a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
• Managing requests for and the application of changes to base-lined requirements.
• Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position.
• Working with users, reviews proposed benefits and risks in the new/redesigned processes, confirms the acceptance criteria for these processes, and ensures that they are properly documented in the business justification.
Education / Qualifications:
• Degree or equivalent experience
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.