Release Manager – Release (ServiceNow, Business Applications Support, Power BI – Release Management) - MA/4337
• Assist in the coordination across the groups in the planning, scheduling and control of the movement of Global releases to test and live environments
• Perform Release integration with project teams to review project readiness and assist projects on promote to production activities and stabilization. Project scope and support work will be reviewed against RM quality gate check list criterion to be used at stage gates
• Assist in reviewing release exemptions and out of release requests for deployments outside quarterly or monthly release cycles
• Assist to monitor issues during release stabilization phase and help coordinate fixing release issues working with various teams
• Assist in the Testing of the new ServiceNow Release Module
• Coordinate with application Basis, Project cutover and release teams on release deployment
• Coordinate with Security teams on release deployment
• Coordinate with Change Management teams on release deployment
• Coordinate with Incident Management Teams on release deployment
• Assisting Release management team leader in driving process improvements and new tools/activities in making the RM function more efficient
• Work with the London, India and Malaysia Release teams and be a point of escalation for any issues relating to the Quarterly release window
• Reviewing project and support work against RM quality gate check list criterion to be used at stage gates
• Assist team with POC projects on release, testing and patching tools to improve the Release process area
• Integration tag assigned to projects
** Ability to quickly pick up and understand processes
** Ability to influence stakeholders when they do not conform to process
** Courage to speak up when they see things are not right
** Self-Starter and ability to learn on the job from team
** Good communicator, proactive in discussion and does not wait until issues arise
** Able to work during weekends for the large Quarterly Releases
** Technical IT skills ability to use: Excel, SWAY, PowerBI, SharePoint, MS Teams
** Good planning and organizational skills
** Attention to detail as comms will be going out to 1000+ stakeholders
** Can also manage multiple tasks at a time, i.e. working on Release Management activities whilst at the same time working on process improvement projects
** Release Management Experience
** Knowledge of how ERP/SAP work
** Understanding of financials and cross charging
** Ability to coordinate across global teams
** Agile / SCRUM / Kanban
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.