Information Security Team Lead (Financial Services)
The role is to join an existing team of Information Security and Data Protections specialists, as an Information Security Analyst. The team manages IS and DP for all business lines and UK office locations. The position will report to the Senior Information Security Manager in the team.
Why work for this leading UK Investment Platform organisation?
A FTSE 100 company and leading UK Investment Platform with numerous industry awards is now realising a true growth pattern and is looking to attract experienced specialists to take them to the next stage of success. Now is a great time to join a company that is set to increase its presence and success and which will allow you to build additional skills, experience and knowledge in a fast and evolving industry.
What will the key purpose of the Information Security Consultant role be?
As an Information Security Consultant, you will get involved in all aspects of the Information Security Service. The teams remit covers all aspects of Information Security across People, Processes and Technology.
This role will support the Enterprise Information Security Team in delivering the information Security strategy for the UK, and aligning this with the Global Information Security strategy. Activities will include consulting on information security issues, monitoring compliance to information security policies and championing the global standards across the UK business.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Plays a key role in the successful delivery of an Enterprise Information Security Function:
• Understand and input towards the mapping of the Security Strategy & Architecture Roadmap & Standards to protect the organisation’s information assets
• Provides technical support and guidance to project teams and other business areas in relation to Information Security
• Validate delivered solutions against approved security architecture
• Support the development and delivery of Information Security training materials and awareness for use across the business
• Assesses and recommends tools and techniques which will implement the architecture in a cost effective and efficient manner
• Input as an SME to UK security policies, ensuring they are fit for purpose and maintained in line with best practice and global security requirements.
• Engage with external suppliers as appropriate to manage the penetration testing schedule.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Financial Services regulatory/compliance requirements in information security and data protection.
• Risk assessment/risk management skills
• Security, including information security management, physical security, application security, network security and security incident management.
• Good stakeholder management skills, with an ability to understand and communicate technical detail to a non-technical audience.
What key skills & experience does the Information Security Consultant need to have?
• Understanding of how to apply Information Security best practice to large scale enterprise environments.
• Good technical knowledge the security impact on established and up and coming technologies.
• Key understanding of working in a Digital business and the impact on information security.
• Experience of working in information security management and/or related functions (such as IT audit and IT Risk Management) in financial services.
• Typically a background in technical IT roles such as IT architecture, development or operations, with a clear and abiding interest in information security.
Advantageous but not essential – CISSP, CISM
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.