Surge Manager – Contract – East Midlands - £300 per day - JY/4705
• The Role:
• Responsible to: Associate Director for Provider Performance Improvement and System Operational Resilience Accountable to: Northamptonshire POD Director Professionally Accountable to: Associate Director for Provider Performance Improvement and System Operational Resilience.
• Key Points:
• The post holder will lead on surge and resilience planning work as part of the Performance Team responsible for ensuring that there are robust plans in place to manage surges in demand and that these are enacted at times of pressure.
• The post holder will be the main point of contact for surge capacity issues being reported by providers. responsible for ensuring appropriate systems are in place to support delivery of the in-hours and out of hours surge and resilience planning service throughout the year.
• Responsible for providing assurance to key stakeholders.
• Support day to day work on the interfaces between acute, specialist and community care providers and be an active participant in escalation processes that ensure patients move through the system in a safe and effective way.
• The post holder will be required to have regular contact with internal and external stakeholders, and will often need to engage with them over sensitive, complex, contentious and confidential issues.
• The stakeholders will include some or all of the following: Chief Officers, and senior management team.
• Experience of identifying opportunities for improvement and change.
• Significant experience in taking the lead in performance monitoring and proposing corrective actions.
• Previous experience of managing staff
• Previous experience of managing an oncall rota.
• Experience of working in the NHS.
• Knowledge PageOne web based system Working knowledge of surge management guidance, and good practice.
• Skills / Abilities Good IT skills, particularly in the use of Web applications and MS Office applications, Word, Excel
• Highly developed interpersonal skills including ability to communicate complex, sensitive or contentious information clearly and in an appropriate manner both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to develop and maintain enduring working relationships with internal and external stakeholders even in difficult circumstances.
• Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Able to demonstrate strong planning and time management skills, able to respond quickly to requests under pressure to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines.
• Able to demonstrate strong project management skills.
• Able to deal with contentious information, able to weigh up conflicting perspectives and make sound judgements Good negotiating and influencing skills, in relation to managing discussions around surge management /winter planning with local acute trusts and CCGs.
• Ability to work autonomously at senior level, as well as work as part of a team.
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of and respect for confidentiality
• Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
• SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.