This role is an exciting opportunity to lead the solution design and delivery of the client’s key front office investment platform.
In this business-facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You’ll need work well in a team but also be a leader and an instigator. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
This a great role for an experienced technical lead looking to take the next step up in their career.
• Design and delivery of technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration
• Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements relationships and ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy
• Develop and motivate a small dynamic agile delivery team
• Research emerging technologies, processes and best practices
Job Specific Competencies
People (team-working/collaboration skills)
• Manage relationships with developers and digital teams across the business to ensure close working practices and productive processes
• Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams and the business
• Experience of coaching and empowering individuals
Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence)
• Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
• Passion for innovation and creative problem solving with an enthusiasm to evangelise to others
Results (the ability to be proactive and take action)
• Get hands-on, providing technical direction and/or problem solving to support the team
• Support scrum master to facilitate smooth sprint working, and identify improvements to scrum practice
• Ensure all third-party development conforms to organisation best-practice and quality standards
Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
• Minimum of two years of experience with Spring Boot, RESTful APIs, Angular
• Up-to-date knowledge of software development methodologies, web architecture and toolsets
• Experience with Kafka, data science, machine learning technologies, Python (ideally Panda/Flask/Django), Bloomberg, Docker and Cloud desirable
• Advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation - build/test tools, continuous integration and delivery
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.