Solution Architect/Commodity/Trading - jo/1225
Our client seeks an experienced Solution Architect to work within the Gas, Power & LNG trading business. The person will be required to work on a set of ongoing initiatives to modernize the systems used by traders and market data analysts.
The person needs to be self-managing and have trading system technical knowledge.
The person must be available to start within the next 12 weeks.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Working with diverse business stakeholders including front-office, analytics and risk.
- Engage with business and IT stakeholders to propose technology solutions for new trading and reporting requirements across ETRMS, market data and reporting systems.
- Requirements analysis and definition of architecture and technical designs for system interfaces between ETRMs and related applications for trade flow, position management, management information and risk management.
- Documenting and explaining architecture options and cost estimates to senior personnel for decision-making.
- Work as part of an agile development environment including analysts, developers and testers to derive requirements, solutions and documentation.
- Propose appropriate test cases for new functionality and interfaces, particularly for non-functional requirements and impact on the existing systems and functionality.
Knowledge and experience are required of:
- Solution architecture in a trading system environment including proposing solution options and interface designs.
- TRM/ETRM (or similar) implementation experience including typical data models and batch processes
- Technical designs for bespoke or packaged trading and risk systems.
Knowledge and experience are desirable but not essential of:
- Understanding of basic valuation and risk management metrics.
- Representation, sourcing and modelling of market and fundamentals data.
- Dealing with diverse and time-constrained stakeholders including front-office.
- Gas and power markets including typical venues, trading platforms and complex transactions.
- An understanding of option valuation models and market data inputs.
- Microsoft .NET-based development tools and patterns.
- OpenLink Endur in a commodity-trading environment, and in particular Endur interfacing and data extraction patterns.
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.