Senior Software Engineer
Accountabilities & Deliverables for the .Net Developer
• Contribute to the design and development of software components within an agreed timeframe and defined quality standard
• Resolve issues, defects and queries raised at any phase of development or production in a timely and professional manner
• Conduct quality reviews of own deliverables and deliverables from peers and junior members of the development community
• Provide estimates on technical development tasks
• Report progress regularly, escalating matters as appropriate
• Mentor and coach more junior members of staff
• Support the client
• Build knowledge of development processes, protocols, methods and tools
• Build knowledge of the clients’ technical environment
• Build knowledge of the clients’ business in relation to products
• Build knowledge of products
• Build relevant product market knowledge
Key Competencies required for the .Net Developer
• Educated to technical degree level or equivalent experience
• Commercial experience of a project through the life cycle of development and into production
• Commercial experience of developing applications in a .NET environment
• Mentoring of Junior and graduate members of a development team
• Knowledge and commercial experience of developing within an object-oriented development environment and/or service-oriented architectures
• Knowledge of source control, release management, testing and task management, working within a team environment (including application life cycle management)
• Working towards (or already possess) professional certification such as Microsoft Certified Solution Developer or similar
• Commercial experience of C#, ASP.NET (MVC and/or Web Forms)
• Commercial experience of WCF, Web Services and XML
• Experience of SQL Server (2008 or later) or other RDBMS
• Experience of Stored Procedures, T-SQL.
Our client is the leading International Technology Provider to the Wealth and Life & Pensions industries. With offices across Australia, Asia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK, they are truly Global in size and reach. They utilise the latest technologies to create and develop award winning technical solutions. Due to client demand they are now looking to further expand their teams of experienced specialists.
What the client can offer
It’s a cliché, but we work hard and we play hard. We recognise and reward hard work with a great benefits package. On top of a good remuneration package we’ll give you a generous holiday allowance, retirement fund, life assurance and income protection cover plus a performance related bonus. We also provide seriously good coffee and plenty of other perks to brighten your day including a casual dress code, vibrant open workspaces with areas to relax including pause areas, table tennis; plus free fruit every day. There are always sports and social events happening and chances to get involved in our charity work if you want to. Oh, and every Friday the drinks are on us!
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.