Senior Developer - JO/1214
The role Client Reporting Developer is an exciting opportunity to contribute to and help drive the delivery of the client’s reporting solution.
The main focus of the role it to build new, highly visual PDF based reports, in addition to enhancing existing reports targeted at Newton’s clients and prospects.
Newton uses a reporting suite to construct reports containing data and content from multiple databases and unstructured sources. This role focusses on acquiring data from internal systems and using the vendor product to deliver high quality visual reports for both print and digital consumption.
The success candidate will be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You’ll need work well in a team but also be an innovator, particularly around how information is presented and rendered reflecting our brand. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
This is a great role for a developer with experience of working within client reporting, or within a data centric environment where the visual presentation of data is critical.
• Design and deliver technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration
• Collaborate on requirements gathering for enhancements and new reports
• Bug fixing and issue investigation on existing reports
• Build strong relationships with business stakeholders
• Apply modern software development techniques within the constraints of vendor products with the drive to push the boundaries around what can be achieved
Job Specific Competencies
Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
• Knowledge of Vermilion reporting suite or other similar system would be high beneficial
• Experience of working in a data centric technology environment
• Knowledge of web front end mark-up technologies (HTML and CSS)
• Experience in Java, Web Application development, relational databases, integration & APIs
• Advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation - build/test tools, continuous integration and delivery
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.