Senior Operations Engineer - JO/1204
You will be joining one of the UK’s fastest growing SaaS companies. Your future team will include industry experts, working with some of the best technology available. Our client provide business management systems to financial advisers and wealth managers in the UK.
Our client is innovative, they understand the adviser’s business, and are relentless in delivering clever technology what makes the financial adviser’s life easier, so reducing costs and increasing business opportunities.
• Any other related duties as assigned by the Line Manager from time to time
Knowledge Required - Desirable training and knowledge
• Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016 or SQL Server 2014 or later training courses.
• Hyper-V or VMware.
• Cisco and/or HP networking
• Understanding the principles of project management.
Skills and Experience Required - Personal Skills
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Proven planning and prioritisation abilities.
• Able to use initiative and work under pressure with accuracy and focus.
• Excellent problem solving ability
• Understanding of project management, how projects are planned and executed.
• Excellent numeracy, data rationality and decision making.
• Outstanding collaboration and team working.
• Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
Essential Technical Skills
• Excellent Powershell scripting.
• Knowledge of Windows DSC
• Strong technical leadership.
• Understanding of how tasks should be automated.
• Creating and managing documentation.
• Virtualisation including Hyper-V and SCVMM.
• Microsoft platforms including Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2, IIS 7/8.
• Good understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI stack.
• Usage of Active Directory.
• Enterprise server estates including Blade systems and high-density servers.
• Enterprise networking including Cisco.
• Office 365, Amazon Web Services or Azure.
• Cloud platforms (IaaS/PaaS).
• Understanding of the use of version and source control systems.
• Some knowledge/experience of Linux.
• Working knowledge of at least one configuration management system – eg SCCM, Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
Desirable Technical Skills
• SAN fabrics and storage including HP 3PAR.
• Python, bash or other Linux scripting languages.
• Microsoft database platforms including SQL Server.
• Load balancing techniques and appliances.
• Backup and recovery methodologies.
• Use of ticketing systems such as Atlassian Jira.
• Visual Studio development environments.
• Understanding of the principles of penetration testing and vulnerability assessment techniques for networks and web applications
Qualifications Required - Required qualifications
• Degree level education in computer science or related discipline; or more than 10 years' experience in an IT infrastructure role.
• One or more of the following current Technical Certifications:
• MCITP (SQL or Windows Server/Client)
• Check Point Security Administrator (R72 or later)
• F5 LTM/ASM certifications
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.