Senior IT support Engineer required to work on a permanent basis for a leading global FinTech organisation based in Surrey. - JO/1203
You will be joining one of the UK’s fastest growing SaaS companies. Your future team will include industry experts, working with some of the best technology available. Our client provide business management systems to financial advisers and wealth managers in the UK.
Our client is innovative, they understand the adviser’s business, and are relentless in delivering clever technology that makes the financial adviser’s life easier, so reducing costs and increasing business opportunities.
With financial strength of £14 million turnover, year on year growth and a friendly team – it’s a great place to grow your career
The IT Support Lead will be responsible for all Service Desk support requests and will be responsible for the handling of requests in the 1st and 2nd line, escalating to other Operations team members as appropriate. This will include, but not be limited to:
• Logging incidents raised by telephone in the service desk system.
• Ensuring service desk procedures are followed both by users and technicians
• Obtaining approvals for change requests before passing over to relevant team members.
• Escalating requests which are approaching deadline
• Capture and complete appropriate detail to ensure prompt resolution of incidents and completion of change requests.
• Owning and troubleshooting technical issues.
• Proactive communication of issues to users and team members
• Machine builds and deployment of standard images for laptops and PCs
• Software installations
• Active Directory user management
• Maintenance and monitoring of server rooms
• Installation of servers, telephones and data patching
• Collaborative maintenance of hardware asset database
• Liaising and working with vendors to facilitate hardware and software fixes as required
• Any other related duties as assigned by the Line Manager from time to time
• Ensuring all users have a modern end user computing experience.
Knowledge Required Desirable training and knowledge
• Microsoft Windows Server and desktop
• CompTIA A+, Server+, Security+ or similar
• Proven time management and prioritisation abilities
• Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
• Ability to handle conflict and difficult or frustrated users calmly and professionally
• Outstanding collaboration and team working
• A strong analytical problem-solving approach.
Essential Technical Skills
• Windows Server and Desktop.
• Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Desktop support
• HP/Dell desktop and laptop maintenance
• Mobile device management
• Good knowledge of SCCM.
• Service Desk or case-logging software
• Active Directory
• Strong knowledge of Powershell and windows automation techniques.
• Office 365
• Knowledge of Windows Security controls
Desirable Technical Skills
• Windows 2012r2 and 2016
• Layer 2/3 Networking
• MFA products like Duo MFA
• Backup products like Veeam
• Visual Studio development environments
• IP telephony
Qualifications Required Required qualifications
• Degree level education in computer science or a related discipline; or
• One or more of the following current Technical Certifications:
o MCITP (Windows Server/Client)
o CompTIA certification
• MCITP (Other)
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.