About the role
Working in our client facing technology, you will contribute to the design, development, delivery and support of business solutions. You will lead technical workstreams in projects, as well as provide guidance to junior team members and actively contribute to development best practices across the business. You will provide technical leadership on projects and ongoing coaching/mentoring of junior staff
• Significant experience of developing software in a software house or supplier environment would be highly beneficial, as well as an understanding of or previous exposure to a financial services environment
• You will have experience of seeing projects through the entire life cycle of development and into production
• A good appreciation of Source Control, Release Management, Testing and Task Management would be a bonus and you will also bring knowledge of unit testing using technologies such as Jasmine, Jest and Enzyme
• You will enjoy working in an agile, development focused team and be passionate, enthusiastic and eager to work with the latest tech in a reactive, business applications environment
What you’ll bring to the team:
• A strong development background with a head for design
• The ability to resolve complex issues, defects and queries raised at any phase of development or production in a timely and professional manner
• You will conduct quality reviews of your own deliverables as well as deliverables from all levels of the development community
• Confidence in providing and reviewing estimates for all aspects of technical development across projects and proposals
• You will be encouraged to report progress regularly and be comfortable in escalating matters as appropriate
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to connect with peers at all levels, allowing you to mentor and coach more junior members of staff
• A client focus and the desire to build a detailed knowledge of our clients’ business in relation to products, as well as their working environment and implementation processes
Our client is the leading International Technology Provider to the Wealth and Life & Pensions industries. With offices across Australia, Asia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK, they are truly Global in size and reach. They utilise the latest technologies to create and develop award winning technical solutions. Due to client demand they are now looking to further expand their teams of experienced specialists.
What the client can offer
It’s a cliché, but we work hard and we play hard. We recognise and reward hard work with a great benefits package. On top of a good remuneration package we’ll give you a generous holiday allowance, retirement fund, life assurance and income protection cover plus a performance related bonus. We also provide seriously good coffee and plenty of other perks to brighten your day including a casual dress code, vibrant open workspaces with areas to relax including pause areas, table tennis; plus free fruit every day. There are always sports and social events happening and chances to get involved in our charity work if you want to. Oh, and every Friday the drinks are on us!
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.