Operations Officer Permanent –Bloomberg-Finance-OMS -City of London Based
Overview of role
This role will provide a candidate broad exposure to the investment management industry within an Operations team.
Participate actively in supporting the day-to-day operations of the Operations department, assisting in ad-hoc project work as required such as collecting and analysing business requirements and data to translate business requirements.
• Maintain the daily Operations checklist
• Escalate and resolve issues directly with external suppliers
• Preparation and delivery of Management Information on a timely basis
• Administration of users to key in-house systems such as HSBCnet and in-house reporting systems
• Monitor and authorise payments
• Escalate potential risk and exception items to the Senior Operations Officer and Head of Operations and to participate in the resolution of problems/issues
• Generation of business requirements documentation
• Assist with the Quarterly Reporting Service
• Provide cover and assist team colleagues
• Undertake projects and tasks as required by the Senior Operations Officer
Key Skills & Qualifications
• Minimum of a 2:2 degree qualification
• Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel and Word required)
• Industry qualification preferred (IAQ, IOC or IMC)
• Minimum of 1 years work experience preferably in Operations at an asset manager or within financial services
• Experience of making payments (via HSBCnet desirable)
• Knowledge of different asset classes desirable
• Logical, methodical and diligent (essential attributes)
• Proactive attitude to work
• Works well in a team
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.