Windows Automation Engineer – PowerShell – Scripting – Active Directory - Automation - JO/1083
Why would the Windows Automation Engineer work for this leading Financial software Solutions company?
Not only is the company one of the market leaders in financial software they are one of the UK’s fastest growing FinTech organisations and are a market leader in salaries and employee benefits!!!
They are strong believers in investing in their employees and want company members to grow and expand their experience and skill set as much as possible and will help you every step of the way!!!
Situated in an extremely beautiful part of Surrey, lunchtimes can be spent in the town centre where there are numerous cafes and restaurants or if you fancy a picnic you can sit on the banks of the Thames and take in the surrounding area.
What are the Key Responsibilities of the Windows Automation Engineer
• To operate, design, implement, document and manage computing, network and storage infrastructure that meets the requirements of the business from a security, performance and availability perspective
• To ensure appropriate use of technology and to consider more effective and efficient technologies and processes on a continual basis
• To be a Technical Authority for all Microsoft infrastructure services in the company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for successful operation of our infrastructure, which will include, but is not limited to:
• Design, delivery, automation, operations and management of platform servers, physical and virtual.
• Deployment and testing of Windows 2016 and our System Center Cloud.
• Design, delivery, automation, operations and management of platform storage systems and capacity planning.
• Development of our operating system build processes.
• Design, delivery, automation, operations and management of platform security, including networks and endpoints.
• Developing and executing platform patching methodologies and operational processes.
• Ownership of key elements of our CD pipeline.
• Design, implementation and operation of end-to-end platform monitoring systems.
• Act as a technical authority and reference for platform related issues, including escalations.
• Provision of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans and operationalisation of the recovery strategy including periodic testing.
• Creation and automation of documented IT procedures and processes.
• Evaluation of new technologies and processes with justification to allow effective decision making for stakeholders.
• Ad hoc technical projects as required from time to time.
• Managing data security on the network via access control and encryption schemes
• Design, management and automation of Active Directory.
• Liaison and engagement with third-parties and integration to hosting and back-office systems
• Vendor liaison for technical solution engagements
• Providing mentoring and knowledge transfer
Skills required by the Windows Automation Engineer
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Proven planning and prioritisation abilities.
• Able to use initiative and work under pressure with accuracy and focus.
• Problem solving.
• Understanding of project management, how projects are planned and executed.
• Excellent numeracy, data rationality and decision making.
• Outstanding collaboration and team working.
• Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
Essential Technical Skills
• Excellent Powershell scripting.
• Knowledge of Windows Powershell DSC
• Experienced in technical leadership.
• Understanding of how tasks should be automated.
• Creating and managing documentation.
• Virtualisation including Hyper-V 2012 R2 and SCVMM 2012r2.
• Microsoft platforms including Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2, IIS 7/8.
• Good understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI stack.
• Usage of Active Directory.
• Enterprise server estates including Blade systems and high-density servers.
• Enterprise networking including Cisco.
• Office 365, Amazon Web Services or Azure.
• Cloud platforms (IaaS/PaaS).
• Understanding of the use of version and source control systems.
• Some knowledge/experience of Linux.
• Working knowledge of at least one configuration management system – eg SCCM,
Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
Desirable Technical Skills
• Use of a configuration management tool or framework like SCCM, Puppet, Ansible or Chef.
• BASH or other Linux scripting languages.
• F5 BIG-IP LTM.
• Microsoft database platforms including SQL Server 2014.
• Load balancing techniques and appliances.
• Backup and recovery methodologies.
• Appropriate usage of ticketing systems such as Atlassian Jira.
• Visual Studio development environments.
• Penetration testing and vulnerability assessment of network
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.