Python Engineer– Supply chain, Computer software - FS/1001
My clients focus on old industries where there is huge room for automation. Today, they’re severed to some of the largest players in the bulk shipping industry and is processing 20 million emails & attachments annually. They’re currently expanding into their second vertical - the Freight Forwarding market - where they're seeing customers jump at the prospect of applying their technology to automate data entry.
• As a Python Engineer you will work in the data science team and focus on extracting data & meaning from documents
• Build and maintain advanced document processing and data extraction algorithms in Python.
• Work alongside a team of three data scientists to push the boundaries of structuring data from documents and e-mails.
• Reviewing and deploying code.
• Responsible for the quality and ongoing evaluation of the data extraction.
• Working closely with the application team to successfully integrate models into our product.
This role will help them improve their existing product as well as help them expand into their second vertical. You’ll be working in the data science team alongside PhDs and NLP/computer vision experts.
Today’s product is built using proprietary data that no one else has access to. You'll be working on extracting information from trade documents, such as bills of lading.
The processing of the documents is not only very challenging due to the large variety of documents, but it also needs be done under time limitations.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Strong programming skills in one of the following programming languages including but not limited to: Python, C/C++, Java or Go
• BSc./MSc. in computer science, statistics, mathematics or a related field or significant relevant job experience
• You should feel comfortable developing, reviewing and deploying complex applications
• Analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Focus on deliverables
• Leadership qualities
• Ability to perform applied research projects and bring it to production
• Experience in natural language processing
• Experience with Docker/Kubernetes/AWS Lambda
• Experience with Postgres
• Experience with AWS
• Experience in logistics
• Highly effective team
• Everyone gets 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
• Company contributions are made towards your pension
• They’ve regular team activities
• Office snack
My clients are backed by $2.5 million from Y Combinator, Cherubic Ventures, AME Cloud and Founders Fund.
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.